The MGC monthly newsletter includes updates from the network, funding and training resources, upcoming events, and news about sustainability initiatives from local communities across the state. Contact MGC to be added to the list. Please note that subscription is limited to government staff and officials and non-profit partners.
Michigan Green Communities case studies highlight lessons learned and best practices in implementing sustainability projects.
- Ann Arbor Stormwater Utility
- Dearborn Adopt-A-Watt Program
- Farmington Hills Energy Performance Contract
- Grand Rapids Promoting Sustainability through the Zoning Ordinance
- Recycle Here
We’re looking to add to our library of case studies. If your community has completed a project, adopted a policy, or implemented a program and you’d like a Michigan Green Communities case study about it, please contact us.
The MGC Challenge Technical Guide also offers Michigan examples of sustainability projects, as well as a step-by-step guide on how to start tracking reporting metrics included in the Challenge. Access the MGC Challenge Technical Guide.
2016 MGC Conference
On June 15th in Lansing, over 70 local government staff and partners gathered to tackle climate and energy planning in Michigan. View the agenda. Below are links to presentations from this year’s event.
- Climate Impacts in Michigan
- Statewide Climate and Health Training Overview
- Claire Karner, LIAA
- Aaron Ferguson, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Statewide Clean Energy Panel
- 2016 MGC Challenge Overview